The best rated vacuum cleaner does not have to be the most expensive model you can find on the market. However, it is the one which offers a lot of helpful options and work in the most effective way.
With a lot of brands and models you can find whenever you go shopping for a new vacuum cleaner, it might take you quite a while to finally come up with the one what is the most suitable for your needs and preferences.
In case you want to buy a vacuum cleaner for new house or simply want to replace a new one for your old vacuum cleaner, it is time you read about the current features you can find in a modern vacuum cleaner. Only when you know about all of the features available to you can you consider them carefully and make the wisest decision after all.
Here are some of the most important features you need to look for when you buy a vacuum cleaner:
1. Bag Or Bagless
- First of all, when you look for the characteristics of a vacuum cleaner, the most important one you need to look for is its effectiveness and how well it sucks the dirt of the house.
- How effective a vacuum cleaner works does not really depend on whether it comes with a bag or not. In fact, it will all depend on your convenience and how much time you have for cleaning your house.
- Let’s first discuss about bagless vacuum cleaners. As you can see, you can save a lot of money from buying a new disposable bag every time. In addition, most of the bagless vacuum cleaners come with transparent bin which you can easily see through to know if it is empty or full.
- However, there are certain disadvantages when it comes to having a bagless vacuum cleaner. First of all, you have to clean the bin after you vacuum your house and throw away all of your dirt inside. You can choose not to clean it but then it will damage to motor later on if there is a lot of dirt accumulated time after time.
- Another drawback of a bagless canister is that when you throw out the dirt, if you are not careful, some of the dirt will spill on you and spread back into your house.
- How about having a vacuum cleaner that uses a bag? With this option, you will have to pay to buy a new bag every time it is full. However, you don’t have to clean the bin, saving you a lot of time- which is very valuable if you don’t have a lot of time. In addition, the process of dumping all of the dirt is quite simple and you don’t have to worry that the dirt might find its way back to your house.
2. Permanent Filter Or Disposable Filter
- Another option that you need to consider is having a permanent vacuum cleaner filter or disposable filter.
- If you buy a permanent one, you will have to clean it regularly for the vacuum cleaner to maintain its good suction. You save a lot of money from buying new filter but it will cost you some time and effort to clean the filter.
- And provided that you want to save time cleaning and don’t mind spending extra money for filter, you can choose to have a vacuum cleaner with disposable filter. You will need to change the filter once in every 6 months or so. You should not clean your disposable filter and reuse it as it will not be as effective and will become a good place for mold and other allergic triggers to develop.
Once again, it is the matter of time you have and money you want to spend for you to consider between those 2 options.
3. Upright Or Throughout Type
- Finally, you have the option of choosing between 2 most common types of vacuum cleaners.
- With an upright model of vacuum cleaner, you will be able to reach for the high ceiling and far corners to clean and vacuum these places. It is also quite compact so you can store them easily in a small storage room. However, since it is very long, you might it quite difficult to bring upstairs and carry it around your house to vacuum.
- On the other hand, a throughout vacuum cleaner is quite big and might not fit a tiny basement. However, it is the most suitable type of hard floor since it can help you to suck a lot of dirt in a small amount of time. In addition, while it is quite large and have huge dimension, it is quite lightweight and you can easily bring it to clean the stairs of your house.
- As you can see, there are a lot of different features that you can find in different brands and models of vacuum cleaner such as the decision to go bag or bagless as well as considering between upright and throughout type. There are no best features but the one which suits your house and your lifestyle the most. Therefore, I suggest you spending time looking for all of the features and their pros and cons before you make your own final decision.
With careful planning and consideration, you will be able to find one vacuum cleaner which works best for your house and is worth all of your investment.
My name’s Helen Macdonald. In fact, I often ended up with vacuum cleaners which were no good to me. Well, we learn from experience, right? And in fact, my long hours of research and intensive experience of buying and trying out vacuum cleaners have made me gain a wealth of information. I am more than ready to share this information.